Additionally, Futuri provided insight on the most significant AGREE votes among each party:
- Biggest agree vote from Republican audiences:
- Trump: we have a divided nation, Charlotte, Baltimore, Chicago, DC
- Biggest agree vote from Democrats:
- Clinton pointing to Affordable Care Act progress
- Biggest agree votes from Independents:
- Trump tax position: cut rates from 35% to 15%
- Clinton’s opening response regarding Trump tape
- Biggest disagree votes from Independents:
- Clinton’s “Buffett rule”
- Trump’s response to Hillary saying “these are just words I’ve heard for 30 years, I’m going to help African-Americans and Latinos”
Futuri also provided insight on social media trends during the debate, as monitored by the company’s social media monitoring system, TopicPulse.
The social conversation was dominated by posts about the Trump tape:
- Trump’s personal highlighting of Bill Clinton accusers ahead of the debate
- Trump, companies accused of mistreating women in at least 20 lawsuits
- GOP reaction to Trump tape
- Various memes about Bill Clinton’s face during the debate
- NBC suspending Billy Bush for role on Trump tape
- Clinton ally offering to pay legal fees for “Apprentice” leakers; The Apprentice urged to release ‘far worse’ Trump tapes.
Other trends on social during the debate:
- Tax, changes to federal tax, bringing the tax rate down, corporate tax.
- Clinton: “It’s good that someone with his temperament is not in charge of law.” Trump: “Because you’d be in jail.”
- Trump mentioning Bernie Sanders several times in the first hour of the debate.
- Rudy Giuliani: Bernie Sanders would be the nominee if Clinton’s Wall Street speeches came out earlier
Futuri Media is a specialist in real-time audience engagement technology for broadcasters around the world. The company will continue to offer its real-time sentiment analysis tool for its clients at the final debate on October 19. Clients will also receive exclusive analysis, summary, and talking points immediately following the debate.
About Futuri Media
Futuri Media (www.old.futurimedia.com) is a global leader in innovative interactive broadcast technology. It develops SaaS-based social and mobile audience engagement technology for broadcasters and publishers including Listener Driven Radio’s LDR1™ voting window, LDR1’s Instant Alerts™ and Takeover® technologies; TopicPulse®, a real-time social media measurement system for newsrooms and content producers; the TopLine suite of sales services; and Futuri Mobile™, which designs custom mobile features and apps for broadcasters, offering more than 400 iPhone, Android and tablet apps. The company’s platforms are in use at more than 1,000 TV and radio stations and networks in 20 countries, reaching more than 100 million consumers monthly.